The Villa Rioddi hotel-resort is open from early March to early November: we usually close after the long weekend of 1st November and remain closed until the end of February.
- a large free parking area for cars and motorcycles.
- a beautiful swimming pool surrounded by greenery, with sunbeds and umbrellas for guests, as well as a small swimming pool for children.
- free internet access (Wi-Fi in the rooms + computer on the ground floor)
- mountain bike rental
- games available for the guests: from traditional board games and chess to video game stations such as PS3 and WII.
Plus, Luca offers an accurate and personalised service comprising tips on itineraries, places of interest, recommended restaurants and interesting sights, depending on guests’ needs. He can provide road maps, maps of towns and tickets to visit the whole of Tuscany.
The rates of the rooms are inclusive of the large buffet breakfast..
The hotel does not have its own restaurant, but there is a bar open throughout the day and at night time (until midnight) for snacks and nibbles.
The hotel is open from early March to early November: we usually close after the long weekend of 1st November and remain closed until the end of February.
Breakfast is one of Hotel Villa Rioddi’s strengths.
The large buffet has hot and cold dishes ranging from sweet to savoury foods. Our buffet varies according to the season and the availability of suppliers, but we always try to offer a wide selection of food to cater to all tastes.
n our sweet buffet guests will find:
- 5-6 different types of cakes: many of our cakes are home-made, with jam made with our fruit, such as the delicious jam tarts. We change our cakes fairly often, so if you want to make sure you try them all, you need to come back often! You should really try (when available), our ‘ciambellone’, tiramisù and chocolate cake.
- Various types of pastries and croissants: in the large or small version, with chocolate or cream, they are all delicious!
- Various types of yoghurt.
- Fruit juices (orange, ACE, etc.).
- Bread (also multigrain bread and with walnuts) with various types of home-made jams and marmalades from the most common ones made with peaches, plums and apples to those made with figs, prepared with fruit from our own garden, with no chemicals!
For those who like something savoury to eat for breakfast:
- Eggs made to order (freshly cooked to your liking: scrambled, boiled, fried);
- Pork charcuterie (capocollo, cooked and cured ham, salami).
- Some wild boar specialities (salami, sausages and wild boar soppressata), also specialities made from the Cinta Senese breed and Pomarancino lamb.;
- Fresh and aged cheeses (some types of pecorino cheese, including some special ones made from raw milk) to eat with a selection of chutneys and mustards (the tastiest ones are made with onions or balsamic vinegar and chocolate).
- Crostini with tomatoes, Cinta Senese or Pomarancino lamb;
- Bresaola with rocket and parmesan cheese;
- Pies with vegetables;
- Panzanella (dish made with bread, tomatoes and cucumbers)
Guests can order an espresso, a large cappuccino served in a large cup, a macchiato, tea, hot chocolate or an American style coffee.
All our products have a zero carbon footprint:we like to select local Tuscan suppliers from Volterra’s surroundings.. For instance, the charcuterie comes from some of our master pork butchers.
In summer, our guests can eat on the fresh terrace with a view of the swimming pool and the surrounding countryside. When the weather gets chilly, breakfast is served on the ground floor of the hotel in a lovely country-style room built of stone.
“Breakfast is the highlight, with a wide selection of cakes, also home-made ones and great savoury dishes (the wild board sausages and cheeses are delicious)”
TripAdvisor user, August 2011